Friday, February 17, 2012

ON SHARING

Anyone that peruses quilt blogs, has been inspired by someone in one way or another. I certainly had my eyes opened when I discovered all the amazing quilters out there! A few posts back, I quoted Albert Einstein as saying "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Because of that, I would like to start a new feature here, once a week, showing you different blogs that I follow or that follow me. We are all part of a huge blogging community that I have only scratched the surface of I'm sure. It's always nice to see other people's work and encourage them in what they are doing.

So, to start off this show, I would like to introduce you to Linda (if you don't already know her).She has been a real encouragement to me since I started my whole quilting life about 12 years ago. Linda is a quilter of many talents. I have shown you her quilting here on some of my quilts before, because I give my big tops to her to be quilted. She is the "queen" of rulers. She's doing the farmers wife quilt using rulers instead of templates, because she's smart like that. I asked her a couple of questions.........

1. When did you start blogging?
 
     Linda said "I was inspired to start blogging back in June of 2011 after discovering how easy it could
     be".

2.  What is your favourite part of blogging?

    " Definitely the comments and the encouragement that comes along with them." She's always grateful      
    when someone takes a minute out of their day to say Hi.
   
How about popping over to Linda's blog and having a look around. While you're there, why not say Hello.

On a side note, it snowed all day yesterday which was a good thing because I needed to get my sewing done for the club this Saturday. I also snuck in a couple more granny squares--just for fun. These are just scraps laying on my sewing table. Sure hope they're not for another project...........



Have a wonderful week-end : )

7 comments:

Deborah said...

I love that you are doing this. Deb.

Debbie said...

Sweet. Love your granny squares!

Peggy said...

Thanks so much for introducing us to Linda - you and she and so many others are such an inspiration to me! Those granny squares are great!

sheila said...

I am so inspired when I read your blog. Thanks

Live a Colorful Life said...

Love your granny squares. This is a great new series. Enjoy your weekend.

Heidi Staples said...

What a nice idea...it's so great to see what other bloggers are doing! Your squares are adorable. I'm seeing granny squares everywhere now, and I have to try them soon!

Sherry said...

I visited Linda's blog, thanks for sharing about her. I love the blocks you made, your comment that you hoped the scraps weren't for another project made me smile. I have seperated and put in ziplock bags all of the fabrics that are meant for a particular project. I have used pre assigned fabric for other things many times.