Sunday, January 1, 2012

A NEW YEAR

Happy New Year everyone.  2011 was a blur, so I am hoping for a bit slower pace in 2012. I spent New Years eve working on my Eternity scarf.  I'm happy with the way it's coming.


The Merino wool is lovely to work with.  The brown one is not as far along but is coming too.  These scarves are so nice to knit that I think all the girlies on my Christmas list will get one of these next year. I may need one in every colour as well : )



The solids are going to be a scrappy baby quilt based on one I saw on flickr.  Solids are huge right now, not to mention affordable , so between these and some scraps, I should have a cute quilt in no time.



The next Moda club is on the 21st of this month so I need to get cracking.  One project is pieced and this layer cake is going to be the other one.  Hometown by Sweetwater.  Love it.



I was looking back through my photos of finished quilts from this past year and I thought I would hopefully leave you with some inspiration.  Enjoy















11 comments:

Renate said...

what lovely work! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Woman, you have made some beautiful quilts!!

Jan Maree said...

Some absolutely gorgeous quilts there - looking forward to seeing what you do in 2012

Gramma Quilter said...

inspiration at its best!!!!! Scarf is amazing! Happy New Year!

Deanna said...

I'm impressed, beautiful work, love the knitting too!

Sherry said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I am hoping that this year I will be able to complete some quilts, thanks for sharing the inspiration.

2 Good Claymates said...

All the quilts are so lovely! Can't decide which one I like the most... Giving me inspiration for some quilted jewelry I'm working on though! All the best for the new year!

Carolyn

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Inspiration, I'd say :o)!! What beautiful quilts you made! I can't wait to see the one with Hometown - and those sweet scarves, too!

Kleep said...

Wonderful stuff, great work!!

Debbie said...

How'd I miss your NY post??? Such terrific quilts you produced last year! Just beautiful!

**nicke... said...

holy crap your swoon is so beautiful!!!