Thursday, January 26, 2012

ITTY BITTY STITCHES

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know I'm a knitter too.  I relax in the evening while knitting and watching a little T.V.  I made my daughter this black hat last fall, but she just started wearing it.  Threatening to give it away helped.     ( She wasn't in the modeling mood )




There has been a new little babe born into this world and where she lives is coooooold.  I figure when she is a bit bigger she could use a spring hat.  This is called the Special Day Silk hat.


I love the ruffled front.


and the back.....


I got in touch with Donna in Nova Scotia, and she is sending me 2 more skeins of lovely hand painted yarn that her daughter did.  I am thinking maybe one of them might be for this :
(thanks Roxy)


It has some beads knitted in, but I have never done that before. Too lovely not to give it a shot.

Block #4 of the hex-a-long.  As you can see by the picture, I sewed mine together different.  Oh well, looks like a pinwheel to me!


Thanks to those of you who want to pay it forward this coming year.  I signed up for another one around the same time, but haven't heard whether or not I am still part of it.  If so, I will be posting about another chance to pay it forward sometime in the future. 

Happy Quilting.

5 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

love the baby hat, when my daughter was small she was completely bald (started growing hair when she was 2 1/2!!) EVERY picture of her shows the season by the type of hat she is wearing xxx

Debbie said...

Darling hats! Love that hexie block too!

Kathy said...

Looking forward to seeing some of your new wool - the last lot of hand died stuff was lovely. The pink hat is gorgeous - reminds me of one my daughter loved as a toddler and wore for a while to cover the skinhead hair-do her older brother gave her with my dressmaking scissors!

Gramma Quilter said...

Love those EPP blocks. Did you use precut pieces or did you cut your own. If you cut your own, what are they cut from. Cant wait to see as you sew them together. Oh and sending your yarn out today!
D

quirky granola girl said...

your blog is lovely! i like that hat. i wish i could see it on your daughter, but i understand that the modeling mood doesn't always strike :)